The votes are all in and counted, and here are my top photographs of 2017!
We had an amazing response! 14 people looked through my initial selection of 32 images and voted for their favorites here on the blog and through email. A big thank you to everyone who took the time to look through these photographs and voice your opinions! I also really appreciate all the kind words expressed along with the votes. I’ve read them all and am very grateful for all your support.
As promised, to express my gratitude to all the voters, I’m giving away a 12×18 print to the voter whose selections most closely matched the winning top photographs. And the winner is … Marie Drennan! Marie will receive a 12 x 18 print of her choice from among the 32 original selections. Congratulations Marie!
For this voting, there was a 5-way tie for the top 9th photograph, so I decided to expand the final selection to 13 images. Here’s the list of the thirteen images that received the most picks, and the number of votes they each received:
1. Image #12, Saturday Night Pacific – Cape Perpetua, Oregon coast, 11 votes
2. Image # 18, Cloud Cover – Mount Hood, Oregon, 10 votes
2. Image # 24 , Hidden Treasures – Porcupine Mountains, Michigan, 10 votes
4. Image # 28, Gone the Sun – Ontonagon, Michigan, 9 votes
5. Image # 7, Cobble Beach #2 – Yaquina Head Marine Garden, Newport, Oregon, 8 votes
5. Image # 11, Yaquina Sunshine – Yaquina Head, Oregon, 8 votes
5. Image # 17, Falling to a River – Columbia River Gorge, Oregon, 8 votes
8. Image # 20, Upper Bond Falls #1 – Trout Creek, Michigan, 7 votes
9. Image # 13, I’m Comin’ Out – Spring Foliage of Oregon, 6 votes
9. Image # 22, Lake in the Clouds – Porcupine Mountains, Michigan, 6 votes
9. Image # 26, A Waterfall Glen – Porcupine Mountains, Michigan, 6 votes
9. Image # 27, Lake Superior Sunset – Ontonagon, Michigan, 6 votes
9. Image # 30, Fall Reflections – Side of the Road, Wisconsin, 6 votes
A well-rounded selection. Most of my personal favorites are in this Top 13 collection. In case you are interested, my personal favorite is #12, Saturday Night Pacific. I’m glad to see this photograph was popular with most of you. My Marti even chose this one to be on the front page of her website.
I’ll be submitting this post to Jim Goldstein’s blog project shortly. Thanks to Jim and G Dan Mitchell for providing the original inspiration for putting together this list back in January of 2011, and helping to start this tradition.
Again, thank you so much for your participation. This has been really fun for me, and I hope you’ve enjoyed it also. Here are the top thirteen images: