DO YOU HAVE ARTWORK for which …
- YOU NEED TO CREATE A DIGITAL IMAGE for DISPLAY ONLINE?
- YOU NEED TO CREATE A DIGITAL IMAGE in order to SELL PHOTOGRAPHIC PRINTS of your artwork?
- YOU NEED TO CREATE A DIGITAL IMAGE to PRESERVE A RECORD in the event your art pieces are STOLEN, LOST, DAMAGED, OR DESTROYED?
…THEN you need a PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER for your artwork!
I will come to YOUR STUDIO and …
- Set up even, color-calibrated studio lighting over your artwork.
- Set up the lighting direction so that glare and reflections are minimized, ensuring a distraction-free look of your artwork.
- Set up my camera equipment in a stabilized manner to prevent distortion or blur due to camera shake or movement.
- Take a reading of as-is light and correct the digital image for induced color.
- Straighten your images in post-processing software.
- Crop your images in post-processing software.
- Adjust exposure and tonality of your images in post-processing software.
- Deliver a SECURE DIGITAL CARD of your image files, processed to the resolutions and pixel dimensions for your intended use.
Let me fulfill your digital image needs
so you can get back to what you really love –
Making Your Art!
About Photographic Images of Real Artwork
Every effort is made to photograph your artwork accurately and in detail. However, the appearance of an artwork viewed in real life will differ from its appearance as viewed as an image on a monitor. A real life object reflects light off of its surface; an image on a monitor projects light from the thousands of lit pixels on the monitor screen. The effect is that the projected image may appear more brilliantly than the physical artwork.
As to color, the images are adjusted to neutralize any distortion of color due to the color in the light source reflected onto the artwork. This is done by an adjustment in what’s called white balance. I do not adjust individual colors, only the artificial color cast caused by the physical lighting of the artwork.
Note also that I cannot guarantee every computer monitor will accurately depict the actual color of the piece. Computer monitors need to be calibrated to insure that their color representation is accurate. My monitors are color calibrated using the X-Rite Eye-One Display 2 professional monitor calibration system.
Artwork in this page’s header ©Charles Showalter