Waterfalls of Columbia River Gorge and the Oregon Coast
June 13-17, 2012
Have you been dreaming of taking your DSLR camera to some beautiful landscapes and keep putting it off because you want to …
- learn how to use your camera?
- be coached on how to compose a great photo?
- learn how to process your shots for optimum effect?
- have help in arranging a photo trip?
- identify the best places to go or how to scout them?
- have help with booking local lodging/dining or transport?
Would you prefer to have an experienced guide and award-winning coach help you get all set up to…
- utilize your camera?
- learn and apply the principles of composition?
- find and photograph some breathtaking places?
- scout great photo ops?
- arrange all the logistics for meals, lodging and ground transport?
Then you have come to the right place! Ever since I was a kid growing up in Rogers Park on Chicago’s north side, I have been leading my friends on adventures. Back then it was the mysterious corner lots and vacant buildings. Now I love to help big kids explore and capture photographs of nature and her infinite wonders.
Join our small group of photographers for a memorable fun adventure with kindred spirits who share your love of the natural world. I am committed to meeting my students’ needs for practical knowledge and joyful witnessing of life in all its beauty and mystery. You will receive personalized coaching on fully utilizing your camera in all kinds of conditions; lessons on how to process your shots into images that truly do justice to your vision; a low stress and refreshing getaway.
So come along for the adventure with me. Relax, enjoy the beauty of nature and the thrill of creating great images.
You’ll shoot magnificent pine forests on our way to the iconic silhouettes of Haystack Rock and The Needles in Cannon Beach. Monolithic Haystack Rock rises 235 feet above a smooth-as-glass reflective sand beach, with tide pools that are home to many intertidal animals, including starfish, sea anemone, and crabs. The rock is also a refuge for many sea birds, including terns and puffins.
You’ll also have the magic of Oregon’s coastal wildflowers in bloom to add color to your compositions.
You’ll have two evenings and two mornings to shoot and explore the coast near Cannon Beach, and then it’s on to the thousand foot deep Columbia River Gorge, where you’ll shoot the densest concentration of waterfalls in the Pacific Northwest.
Nearby is Larch Mountain, with an incredible 5 mountain view — Mount St. Helens, Mount Rainier, Mount Adams, Mount Hood, and Mount Jefferson.
You’ll also shoot panoramic views of the gorge from Crown Point Vista House, and close-ups of Indian petroglyphs at The Dalles.
Transportation is included from Portland Airport to all locations and back to the airport.
Lodging & Meals
Lodging and meals are not included. Contact Harry for recommendations.
$750 per person. In addition to ground transportation from Portland to all locations plus all park fees, you will receive personalized instruction on
- how to use your camera in a variety of conditions
- how to see as an artist and compose photographs
- how to process your images so you can share your experience of beauty
- how to scout the best photo ops
- how to get your lodging and meals set up with no hassles